Ogilvy PR Paid Internship
I held a summer position gaining experience and producing original work, under the guidance of agency professionals in the fast-paced world of integrated public relations.
- Worked side-by-side with Account Executive teams contributing to a wide range of projects with a variety of industries including tourism, food and beverage, entertainment and retail.
- Conducted internal and external research supporting client programs utilizing the Internet, media databases and other existing and emerging communications resources.
- Contributed to brainstorming, group and team meetings and learned how to develop compelling story angles and draft pitches.
- Gained an understanding for the full range of client’s products, services and capabilities and interacted professionally with clients. Assisted in the development of programs and new business pitches for new and existing clients.
- Monitored and analyzed media coverage and other relevant communications vehicles for clients and prepared reports.
- Developed complete and accurate media lists. Spot reviewed media coverage for errors.
- Enhanced skills and comfort at conducting media outreach.
- Supported editorial outreach and gained a real world understanding of the dynamics of media relations.
- Learned and applied fundamentals of graphics and presentation skills for clients and within agency.
- Conducted analysis to determine the success of campaigns, providing insight into a client’s brand perception, share of voice and influence.
- Developed daily, weekly and monthly monitoring for supervisors.
- May-July 2016
- Ogilvy Public Relations London
- Public Relations Intern